February 15, 2013
- Ezio Bartocci (Vienna University of Technology, Austria)
- Luca Bortolussi (University of Trieste, Italy)
- Scott A.
Smolka (University of Stony Brook, USA)
Journal web site:
Call for papers:
Information and Computation calls for paper submissions for a peer-reviewed special issue on "Hybrid Systems and Biology".
This Special Issue stems from the First International Workshop on Hybrid Systems and Biology held in Newcastle, UK, in September 2012. We now extend an open invitation for contributions to the Special Issue which present cutting-edge research in the area of the Workshop (Hybrid Systems and Biology). Original papers are sought in all areas that relate to the relevance and potential of hybrid systems modeling and analysis in systems biology. Of special interest are contributions that discuss complex biological systems requiring the adoption of computational methods that have not been investigated so far in the context of hybrid systems, as well as extensions of already existing techniques.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Computational and mathematical analysis techniques for hybrid systems (i.e. reachability, model checking, abstract interpretation, bifurcation theory for hybrid dynamical systems, stability analysis, etc.)
- Hybrid system identification techniques (learning the model from the experimental data)
- Efficient simulation techniques for hybrid systems
- Hybrid modeling languages
- Hybrid systems coping with incomplete and uncertain information
- Hierarchical Hybrid Systems for multi scale analysis
- Stochastic Hybrid Systems
- Hybrid simulation (stochastic/deterministic) methods
- Abstraction and Approximation techniques
- Hybrid Systems modeling for Synthetic Biology
- Hybrid Control of biological systems
- Sensitivity analysis for hybrid systems
- Behaviour-driven parameters identification for hybrid systems
- Analysis and simulation tools
Manuscripts submitted to this special issue should have at
most 25 pages, including figures, tables, and the list of references.
Manuscripts should be original papers: manuscripts are accepted for
review with the understanding that the same work has not been
published, nor is presently submitted, elsewhere. However, papers
previously presented in conference proceedings of limited circulation
are usually eligible for publication in revised and extended form.
For queries about this special issue, please feel free to
contact the special issue guest editors:
- Ezio Bartocci (email@example.com)
- Luca Bortolussi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Scott A. Smolka (email@example.com)
- Paper submissions: February 15, 2013
- Acceptance notification: May 15, 2013
- Final papers: June 30, 2013
Download the call for papers in pdf format here .